Profile of – Dr. Umang Sahai
M.B.A (USA), PhD (USA)
Founder Entrepreneur Par Excellence – Part of the original team which built 3 US Billion dollar plus companies from the scratch
IMA Blood Bank of Uttarakhand , became the best Blood Bank in India and the State number in blood banking in India during the period 2010- 2014 under the stewardship of Dr. Umang Sahai – Managing Director
To create an US$ 10 billion Medical education and Healthcare Infrastructure in India, to be amongst the best in Asia region.
- Over 28 years of extensive & diverse experience in Corporate Planning /Strategic Management, Business Development, International marketing, Retail, Global sourcing and product development ,Software, Hotels and restaurants, Hospitality, Real Estate, commodities ,apparels, textiles, Carpets and costume Jewelry.
- Group CEO of $ 5.4 billion International Trading Group both in retail and wholesale, Manufacturing across various countries, Spinning Mill, Terry Towels ,costume jewelry, carpets and Residential Real Estate business. Created the enterprise from scratch to its present position.
- Established a Software designing company and provided Software solutions, (the ERP is among the best and is giving tough competition to SAP in India.).
- Holds the distinction of exploring new markets, identifying key accounts, expanding client bases across the globe for escalating turnovers & achieving desired targets/goals.
- Established textiles, apparels, fashion accessories and leather garments whole sale and retailing in U.S.A., Europe & U.S.S.R.
- Established 250 stores retail store chain in USA
- Established Hotels & chain of Chinese restaurants in Spain at Loret De Mar, Gerona a tourist destination 80 miles South of Barcelona. The tourist destination for half a million plus travelers in summers each year.
- Established one of the best blood bank in India within four years. Changed the voluntary blood donation situation in one of the most difficult terrain in India by imparting education at school and university level while contributing more than65% of Voluntary Blood Donations in the State of UK. Economic Times has recently published the blood banking scenario highlighting State Of Uttrakhand as number one in the country.
- Extensive knowledge and insight gained on medical and Healthcare while working with Indian Medical Association and various Education institutions and Universities.
- International Marketing Commodities, Cigarettes, liquor, cosmetics, herbal product, FMCG and Auto components.
- Extensive experience in running a profit centre, business developments, logistics, sourcing & supply chain management.
- An effective Communicator with exceptional relationship management skills and proven abilities in forging business alliances for smooth commercial operations.
- Thorough knowledge of markets such as Europe, USA, CIS, South Africa, Botswana and Namibia.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of diverse nationalities across globe.
- Organized International and domestic medical conferences.
- A Ph.D. [International Finance & Business] and MBA (International Business) from USA.
Areas of Expertise
- Conceiving and implementing short / long-term business plans for the international marketing effort of the company.
- Negotiating strategic foreign collaboration for enhancing business opportunities.
- Determining product strategy using pricing and product mix.
- Relationship management with decision makers, suppliers and influencers to strategically manage beneficial and profitable associations/alliances.
- Managing lead times while considering capability of contractors/ vendors, quality, compliance, cost and delivery assurance.
- Monitoring finished goods before dispatch and conducting Quality Audits.
- Responsible for preparing mail order catalogues for foreign markets.
Business Development & Planning
- Identifying and developing potential clients in the targeted markets/industries and sectors.
- Tapping profitable business opportunities and position product as per market needs.
- Expanding the existing client base and offer optimum services to existing ones for achieving sales targets and customer satisfaction levels.
- Conceptualizing & implementing sales promotional activities such as organizing fashion shows, participating in international trade fairs and trade meets for market development and brand building.
- Institutional sales & marketing.
Customer Relationship Management
- Identifying client requirements & specifications and conduct price negotiations to firm up the orders.
- Interacting with the buyers (client).
- Interface between buyers and manufacturers for facilitating smooth order execution and handling the entire business cycle from quotation to closing the sale.
- Overseeing production related tasks including planning, control and troubleshooting.
- Conceptualizing operating procedures to maximize productivity and enhance efficiency.
- Identifying and developing global source for achieving cost effective purchases of raw materials and reduction in delivery time.
- Overseeing all aspects of warehouse operations and streamlining the system and procedures for effective stores management and inventory control.
- Handling logistic functions and negotiating with shippers/transporters and clearing agents for cost effective transport solutions and clearances.
- Preparing Personnel Manual and streamlining of Personnel, IR and Administration systems. Training, Potential assessment, career planning and succession planning.
- Organizing and coordinating training & development with external/internal training faculties.
- Created from scratch an International Trading ,Apparels Knits & Woven, Textiles, Software, Animation, Retail Chain of 250 Stores and Real Estate business of 5900 residential apartments worth US$ 1.4 Billion in four and half year.
- Bought a sick 27000 spindles textile mills from IDBI bank and converted to profitable mill in two years.
- Successful in funding of projects through private placements, VC funds and large fund managers.
- Established three trading houses in India.
- Created one of the most advanced blood bank in India contributing 65% of the voluntary blood donations of the State of UK.’’A recent coverage by Economic Times stated State Of Uttrakhand as number one in India in blood banking.’’
- Have contacts with large funds and VC’s.
- Inroads with Large infrastructure and real estate organizations of world for joint ventures with equity participation and technological support.
- Eye to spot business opportunities and convert in money spinners.
- Joint Venture projects with international brand leaders such as Stefenal from Italy, Devenley from France and Gofar from Hong Kong.
- Successfully launched seven brands in the highly competitive US market, constituting of five men’s wear and two teenage wear brands while creating market Blitzkrieg in fashion Industry.
- Worked with International Designers Zandra Rhodes, Pierre Balmin, Fabian Rozan, Ben Wu and Dominique Le Ber.
- Successfully created the entire wardrobe for famous film actress Dolly Parton for the movie “9 to 5”
- Established warehouse, wholesale distribution channels and mail-order & cataloguing in Germany, Canada, USA and CIS.
- Diploma in French Language from Sorbonne University, France, 1979
- PH.D. (International Business Economics.) from U.S.A., 2003.
- MBA (International Business) from U.S.A., 1983.
- B.Sc from Bombay University, 1979